Sunday, January 29, 2006

Back on Birth Control

Who would have thought that after being birth control free for 2 years that I'd be back on the pill! I started the pill yesterday and will be on it until Feb 12th. The pill is going to put my ovaries and uterine lining asleep. Then, the dreaded needles will begin on Feb. 9th. On that day I will begin injecting myself with Suprefact. This is a drug that will stop my brain from communicating with my ovaries. It suppresses the pituitary gland, which prevents it from releasing FSH (follicle stimulating hormones that stimulates egg development) and LH (luteinizing hormone which stimulates ovaries to mature eggs). This means that the fertility clinic will have complete control of my ovaries and uterus without any interference from my brain! Yikes!

4 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Winnifred said...

I just took my last BCP yesterday... and I started the injections last friday... I just wanted to let you know that the injections are NOT that bad ;) I know reading this doesnt' really help... but know that I was JUST in your shoes - and I was NOT looking forward to the injections (although i'm not afraid of needles, i was just afraid of giving myself shots) and I've done 4 now - and it's a piece of cake ;) I worried for months about that part!!

we seem to be on the same process, just about 2 weeks apart...

good luck!!

 
At 7:19 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

IVF is like all stages of life in 6 weeks. You go through the teenage birth control stage. Then they get rid of all your hormones and put you in menopose. Next - super fertile egg producing. It's pretty crazy when you think about.
Good Luck! I am just a bit behind you, start IVF #1 this March/April.

 
At 1:00 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger N said...

Right, like Jenny I am slightly behind you starting #1 IVF during this spring (still waiting for the exact dates). I just talked to my mom about her menopause symptoms, she sort of wanted to prepare me for what might be going on with me for some weeks during the cycle (when they supress all my hormones) :-S. Good luck to you!

Take care,

N

 
At 10:03 AM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Thalia said...

Try not to worry too much about the suppression. It has a very varying effect on all of us. I was fine the whole time except for one day when I had a horrible nauseous headache, but I traced that back to not drinking enough water the day before. So my advice is to start carrying a water bottle around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home