Sunday, February 26, 2006

2 Injections a Day

Thursday I had my bloodwork and ultrasound done. The nurse coordinator called later in day to tell me everything is a go. She told me to start taking the stimulation drug, Gonal-F, Friday night.

While I was at the clinic, they showed me how to use the Gonal-F pen (which I like a lot better then the needle ) and sent me over to the hospital for an ultrasound. What I found most amusing was when the technician hands me a clipboard and a pen and says "I'm going to get you to my job for me!" Because she has one hand on the computer and the other on the wand searching around in my uterus, I have the responsbility while I'm laying there to record all the information. So she starts firing off numbers like the size of my uterine lining, the size of my left and right ovaries. Later on, when my follicies start growing, I will be keeping track of how many there are and how big they are. She said the process could take up to a half an hour depending on how many follicies I have!

So, the nightly ritual now consists of 2 injections. I am going to the clinic on Monday for bloodwork and Wed for bloodwork and ultrasound, and again on Friday. Lots of early mornings next week!

I think I am now starting to experience some more mood swings. A word of advise - 8 below is not a good movie for someone who is on hormone drugs to see! I bawled like a baby throughout most of the movie and even on the way home in the car!! In fact, I can't even talk about the movie without tearing up!

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, February 26, 2006, Blogger Winnifred said...

count yourself lucky she got you to write the info down... on my first "tracking" u/s (where they counted everything) i was getting SOOOOOo annoyed cause it was like she was taking breaks to write things down - which I KNOW she needed to do - but when you have that "wand" up your you know what - you want it to be as quick as possible...!!

i didn't get more hormonal with the stim injections - actually I got much better. I felt better, until of course the bloating started and then i could feel my ovaries on a daily basis (for almost a week i'd say) but because the dose of Superfact went down - my mood got better :) My headaches also stopped....

One more thing - are you aware that you'll probably need more u/s after fridays? I didn't really realize it... When i went to my friday u/s they said i had to come back the next day. And then on Sat. i had to come back again on Sunday. I wasn't really expecting a total of 5 u/s of tracking... Just wanted to share :)

Good luck with everything :)

 
At 11:09 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

don't watch "March of the Pengiuns" either, horrible choice at anytime.
That's kind of cool that you write the info down because then you will understand it better.
Best of luck on the stims - hopefully the moodswings don't get too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home