Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Some Good News

Yesterday DH got the results of his latest SA. Just to recap the count ~ 1st one: 17million, 2nd one: 10 million, 3rd one: 2 million. We were both nervous about hearing the results of the newest analysis as the downward trend was not encouraging. So this one is 6 months after his varicocle surgery and his count is up to 13 million. We know this is still well below the normal range but the count went up! The other numbers (morphology and motility) were all in normal range as well.

As for me, I went for bloodwork yesterday and my Gonal - F dosage was decreased a bit. I hope that is okay. Tomorrow I go for another bloodtest and ultrasound. It will be interesting to see how many follicies (if any) I have and how big they are. I really made the nurse work hard for her bucks yesterday. I think I have the worst veins in the world. For as long as I can remember, when I need to give blood, many people have a hard time finding a good vein. Apparently they are very tiny and wiggle around a lot. Yesterday, it took the nurse 5 tries (5 needles and 5 pokes) to find a vein that would give blood. It took her 25 minutes to get it!!!! Today I look like a vodoo doll with all my bruises and poke holes. What can I do to make it easier ~ I drink a glass of orange juice and drink water all the way down to the clinic (about 50 minutes). Needless to say, I need to find the bathroom as soon as I get there!

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

Congrats on the great sperm news!
Gonal's so expensive that a decrease has to be a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home