Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bad News and Good News

Bad news: No beans in my belly.
Good news: We have at a minimum, 14 embryo's frozen (14 embyros made it to the blastocyst stage and 6 could potential make it there tomorrow - if so, they will be frozen too). Our doctor said with that amount of embryo's frozen it's not a case of "if" we get pregnant, it's a case of "when".

After 2 ultrasounds, the Dr. decided against the transfer today. I still had fluid in places I shouldn't and the doctor said I would hyperstimulate if the embryo's implanted. He said that would be unsafe for me (perhaps up to 1 month in a hospital and I would be very sick).

We are disappointed but we know it's the right decision. Besides, we've waited 2 years to get to this point, what's another month! I kind of had a feeling today wouldn't be transfer day - still feeling bloated but like 85% better than I have been feeling over the past few days. Before I left, the nurse gave me a painful shot in the butt to shut down my ovaries which will prevent any more hyperstimulation. We will be back down to the clinic next Sunday for another ultrasound and some more bloodwork. When my next AF starts (dr. says probably in 2 or 3 weeks) we can get of this side trail and head back to the main trail to parenthood.


At 7:40 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

I am sorry you didn't get to transfer this time.
Great news on the frosties though. I agree with your doctor, with 14 of them it's just a matter of time.

At 2:39 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Vee said...

I have been following your blog, and I am sorry that you didn't get to transfer. With 14 you will be more that ready to go for the next cycle.

Good luck !

At 9:49 AM, March 17, 2006, Blogger N said...

Good luck even from me!!! Sorry to read thought that it won't happen right NOW but 14 sounds like a great number to do later...not too far in the future though :-D

Good luck!



Post a Comment

<< Home