Sunday, March 05, 2006

Holy Follicles!

Went for bloodwork and U/S yesterday and had the shock of my life! I went for 25 follicles on Friday to 40 follicles on Saturday ~ that's even after taking me off the Gonal-f! I am now a little bit worried about OHSS. My estrogen level was still high yesterday. I was back again this morning for more bloodwork and another U/S. Haven't got the results of the bloodwork back yet but as for the U/S, she measured 37 follicles today. She told me the number of follicles will go down because as some of the follicles grow bigger, some of the follicles will be compressed and wont be big enough to count and measure.

So now we wait to see what happens tomorrow. It could be retrieval day for me or I will be back down to the clinic for more bloodwork and another U/S. The past couple of days I have been feeling full and bloated. My ovaries feel huge!! I can't sit for long periods of time as it becomes very uncomfortable. I keep telling myself, it will all be worth it in the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home