Friday, March 03, 2006

It's Almost Retrieval Time

Went for my bloodwork and U/S this morning. We now have 25 follicles ~ 13 on the left and 12 on the right. She instructed me to drink a bottle of Gatorade every day until we have the retrieval. DH got the insructions on how to give me the injection in my butt. I was not expecting to have him actually give me one today (mind you, he only injected me with water), but the nurse told me to turn around and show her my butt check! Apparently, the needle is a long one, I wouldn't know because I didn't want to see it! Just before he was about to jab me he says to then nurse, "I'm putting this all the way in? Are you sure I wont hit a bone?" I'm lying there thinking, "Holy crap, how big is this needle!" After my DH finished giving me the shot, he looked at me and he had this look on his face ~ the look of "I'm so sorry I have to do this to you." After seeing that look, I decided then and there that I was not going to look at the size of that needle!

Based on the u/s results, the nurse co-ordinator guesses that we could be retrieving on Monday or Tuesday. After she said that it hit me that this is really happening! Many emotions are going through me now, I'm nervous, anxious, worried, and excited. I just have to rememeber to take it one day at time and think positive thoughts...easier said then done.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, March 03, 2006, Blogger Just another Jenny said...

It sounds like everything is going well, no reason not to be positive.

Good idea not looking at the needle. Who wants a practice shot? Not me!

Best of luck for the retrieval

 

Post a Comment

<< Home