Saturday, December 03, 2005

Can you cure infertility with diet?

The internet is a wonderful resource. It flattens the world like never before. And it makes the power of information available to everyone. The catch is the novice of any subject may not have the experience to tell the BS from the gold nuggets.

As my DW and I struggled with this we started looking for solutions. We started finding these solutions on the net.

The most distributive to us was diet. My DW and I are normal weight and eat a balanced diet.

We found information that said we should cut out caffeine, refined sugar, and alcohol.

So it started – the major upheaval in our diet.

I love my coffee. Two large ones a day. If I don’t drink them I get headaches. I managed to kick coffee for 2 months. We stopped eating anything with refined sugar in it. Which is incredibly difficult to do. And we stopped alcohol, which for us, is not a big deal.

The upside to all of this was I managed to kick my coffee habit, we started losing weight, and saved money by not buying wine or beer. The downside, didn’t seem to make an ounce of difference.

When we finally got to the fertility clinic the nurse told us all of those things were fine in moderation. On the drive home we stopped at Tim’s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home