Friday, August 18, 2006

FET #4 on Hold

We've decided not to do a FET cycle this month for 2 reasons.

1) I'm a teacher and this year I am teaching a new grade and I am moving to a new classroom. The transfer would fall at the end of August or beginning of September when I need to be at school getting my classroom ready. My RE is one who is for 3 days of bed rest after a transfer so I really can't afford to do that at this time.

2) Paul and I need a break as well as my body needs a break! I've been pumping hormones into my body and have been poked and proded since February. I'll be able to feel as though I can live life like I did pre-IVF/FET. There will be no 2WW so I can get back to the gym this month, have a drink, not have to worry about overheating myself in the, take hot baths (which I LOVE)!

So, we will enjoy a month free of FET, ultrasounds, bloodwork, estrogen tablets, progesterone, needles in my bum, and the long dreaded 2ww. We'll get back on the FET wagon next month.

11 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Bea said...

Well, if you want an ART break, you know you need one.

Good luck with your month off. Hope it's enjoyable.

Bea

 
At 3:40 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Sometimes you just need a break.
Have lots of fun, enjoy everything you can't whilst playing the TTC game.

 
At 8:44 AM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning! I stumbled across you blog and realized that we are following along similiar paths. My husband and I have IVF #1 coming up in October. We also are seriously considering adopting from China. I think we've found a good agency and I'm getting excited about the idea. IVF #1 may be our only one. We have zero insurance coverage for infertility and want to make sure we leave ourselves with the resources to adopt and raise a child. Good luck to you on your journey! I hope we both have successful transfers and uneventful pregnancies; if not maybe I'll see you in China :). Enjoy your month off.

 
At 2:51 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

It sounds like you are thinking about what's best for you both mentally and physically, so good for you! I hope you break is as wonderful as mine has been...! And then you get a BFP next go-round!

 
At 5:55 AM, August 26, 2006, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

Enjoy the break!!

 
At 2:00 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger x said...

Everyone needs a break somtimes, I hope you enjoy the time off from all the IF crap.

 
At 1:52 PM, December 15, 2006, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

How are things going ?
No news for a while ?

 
At 3:19 PM, August 20, 2007, Blogger Jenna said...

I'm a teacher too. I remember too well trying to plan a cycle around my schedule. Sorry your (and my) summer is just about over. Hope your new classroom is beautiful and bright!

jenna
http://epilogue.inconceivablejourney.com

 
At 12:24 AM, August 08, 2009, Blogger Kim said...

you've been nominated, details in my blog

 
At 9:25 AM, December 07, 2010, Blogger Joo said...

i have to ask...whats happening since your last post...its been 4 years! I am dying of curiosity.

 
At 1:12 PM, March 05, 2011, Blogger Joey said...

What a journey you've been on.

I found this blog to be helpful too

http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Many blessings to you

Joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home