Friday, February 10, 2006

Don’t Hurt Me

Last night was a new first in my relationship with my wife. I injected her with meds!

At 9:30 PM she got out her drug paraphernalia: syringes, alcohol swabs, instructions and the drug superfact. She read the instructions, opened the bottle, swabbed everything that needed to be swabbed, and filled the needle with 0.25 ML of drugs.

The whole time her hands are shaking and it only gets worse as she goes through the steps and gets closer to the needle being plunged in. I had told her that it was clearly her choice who was going to do the injecting. The shaking is getting worse and she is about ready to inject herself. I’m thinking that this is not going to work, at least not today. The last thing the body wants is a shaky needle being pushed in slowly. So I offered to do it, and she took me up on the offer with the condition of "don't hurt me." I replyed "It is going to hurt."

In it went, a couple of ‘ouches’, a couple of ‘not so fast’ (it hurts when the drug goes in) and then we were done. She reported some stinging sensations. An hour after the area looked like a real bad mosquito bite. By morning the redness and swelling had gone. The only evidence was a little pin prick mark.

Ok – here’s the wild bit. Last night I dreamed she wanted someone else to do the injecting. That someone else was Jack, the doctor off of Lost the TV show. And boy oh boy was I pissed. I woke up mad at her.

Until you’ve had the opportunity to inject your spouse with drugs you might not get this. It seemed to bring us closer, at least from my perspective. Maybe she saw me as the bastard bringing her all of this pain. I don’t know. But I do know the bond is just that little bit stronger today.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger x said...

I love reading this from a man's point of view. I hope my hubbie feels the same way about squeezing the fat on my tummy and injecting a needle into it. I am glad it is bringing you closer because that's what you need right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home